Monday, June 6, 2011

Recharge

There are a lot of things that I could write about today, but in light of today's disappointments, I rather want to look on the bright side of life!  :)  So, before I left the country, I went to pick up a power converter/plug adapter for whatever devices we would have to plug in while we were in Vika's country.  The salesman assured me that I did not need a converter if I was not planning on plugging anything in that would generate heat.  I asked specifically if I would be able to plug in our battery charger simply with a plug adapter since I knew the voltage here is twice as high as at home.  "Yes, all you need is a plug adapter," he assured me.  Okay, naive as I am, I take his word for it.  BAD idea!!  Today, as we were packing (yes, we did have enough faith to do that!), I decided to charge my camera batteries just so that I would be sure they were charged for tomorrow and the trip home.  Within a few minutes, I hear this "poof" and smoke is coming out of the battery charger!  Ha, ha... Guess, we will need to get a new battery charger when we get home!  :)  A word of advice to those traveling after us... don't trust the salesman when it comes to electronic devices plugged into an outlet with higher voltage.  :) 

We had a good visit with Vika this morning.  She was again very, very tired and having the same symptoms that she had last Monday, proving what I was fearing when we said good bye on Saturday.  It is very hard to be out of control, especially when it comes to our children.  There have been many times since God gave us children that I have felt very helpless when it came to my girls, because I could not fix what I wanted or needed to fix for them.  This is something I cannot fix right now, but more than ever, we are praying that the day will come for Vika when we can finally bring her home.  No, we will not be able to make up for the times past!  No, we will not be able to fix everything for her!  But, I pray, that with the strength and wisdom that the Lord gives me, I can fix many of the things that I cannot fix right now.  Vika is learning about freedom and being able to do what she chooses to do with us rather than the path that was very clearly laid out before her since she was born.  To go from freedom back to confinement is hard, and I believe she is having a hard time dealing with that, and letting her nannies know how she feels about it.  :)  One day, little girl, you will not have to go back.  One day, Mama and Papa will not have to say "Paka," but "Welcome Home, FOREVER!"  We did have a few moments of giggling today, but mostly it was quiet times together today.  Vika enjoyed just being held, and I enjoyed snuggeling with her. 








One verse, that I want to share as I close for today:  "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)  During the last six months of this adoption journey, this is one thing that the Lord has proven to us over and over again.  I am praying that I will not miss the lessons that He wants me to learn on this rollercoaster ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment