Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm Slacking Off

I had all these things running around in my head that I wanted to share for every day this week, and I have already skipped a whole day.  I talked to our social worker yesterday and found out that our homestudy should be done today.  Yippee!  So, suddenly I am overwhelmed thinking of all the things that need to be done.  Yesterday, a wonderful friend came over to notarize a lot of our documents, but there will be more that need to be done.  Our first set of documents should be leaving for Vika's country this weekend, and our USCIS application should be on it's way by the end of the week as well.  So, today, we had some more labs drawn for our medical statement. 

I promised to share some more of our heart on adoption and the Sanctity of life, so here it goes:  Have we ever stopped to consider how this country would be different today with the over 50 million lives, who never got to see this world this side of heaven?  What would they have accomplished today?  What can we (the church) do to show the world that every life is precious, that it has infinite value, and that each life is a reflection of who God is, and that He created each of us with a special purpose? 

There are many things that we can do, but I believe that it first begins in our own lives and families.  Does our family reflect the love of God?  Do we count our children precious like Jesus does?  Do we show to the world that EVERY life has value even that life that may not fit into the standard of "normal?"  Do we reach out to those who are hurting as a result of  the choices they made? Are we showing them that although they deserve judgment before Almighty God, Jesus paid the price for them already because of His infinite mercy?  Are we doing all we can to love, pray for, and support each other within God's family or are we at war with each other, within our churches, within our families? 
Jesus paid with His life so that we could be adopted into His family.  Have we accepted that price?  If you have, you know joy unspeakable that you will want to share with anyone and everyone you meet.  Tomorrow, Lord-willing, I will share some more about why we chose to adopt Vika, although we did not choose, God did!  I will also try to share how we can all be involved in caring for the fatherless and the widowed as God commanded us in His word.  Are we all called to adopt?  No!  But we are all commanded to take care of them! 
Now, I better get busy fixing dinner!  Gyros. Yummy!!!  I'll share the recipe when I get a minute.  If you made it all the way through to the end of this post, you must be hungry by now, too. :)  Stay dry! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that newborn picture of your pretty girl in the pink dress could be our Alina as a baby! She has strabismus and we long for a baby picture of her (she came home from Vika's orphanage in October!) and wow, seeing that pic makes me smile! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete